Welcome to our (Quite Rightly!) Frequently Asked Questions
You claim to be an ethical marketplace, what exactly does that mean?
It means that we only work with UK-based Partners that meet our list of strict ethical criteria, and we only list products that fulfil at least one ethical goal. We also run or take part in several initiatives ourselves to help make the world a better place.
What are the criteria for Partners?
Our Partners must confirm that they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- All employees treated fairly
- All employees paid fairly
- No unpaid internships
- No discrimination whatsoever
- Whistleblowers supported
- Ethical supply chain assured
- Demonstrate commitment to leave the world a better place than we found it
What are the criteria for Products?
Each Product must meet at least ONE criteria:
- Carbon Neutral
- Energy Efficient Production/Use
- No Single-Use Plastic
- Responsibly Sourced
How are these claims assured?
Right now, we use Partner self-certification and remote spot-checks. However, we are excited to announce that we are developing an independent Supply Chain Ethical Credentials Audit, in consultation with industry professionals. As far as we know we are the very first Marketplace to be doing so. More info coming on this soon!
What initiatives are you involved in?
Many of our Partners are involved in initiatives such as planting trees, working with animal and environmental charities, and committing to an entire ethical and sustainable supply chain. In addition to this, Dirty Hippies has carbon offset and tree planting goals, and also works with various mental health charities such as Mind. We need to learn how to better protect both our Inner and Outer worlds.
What makes Dirty Hippies different?
- Multichannel. Free inclusion in our iOS and Android apps, our Facebook shop, our Google Shopping channel (plus our main website of course!)
- Free Promotion. Free social media announcements of each new partnership and one new product
- Manage Orders. Seller portal to manage orders and payments
- Manage Products. Seller portal to add and edit products
- Integrate. Ability to integrate with certain seller platforms, automatically syncing products, inventory levels and orders
- Free Onboarding. No onboarding fees
- Free Membership. No monthly memberships
- Free Listings. No item listing fees
- Fair Pricing. Just 9% sales commission per item sold + 4% payment gateway fee
- Get Rewarded. Loyalty points with every purchase, can be traded for discounts on future purchases. Plus store credit for every referral (for both referrer and referee)
- Find Goods Easily. Simple to find ethical goods, with ability to browse and filter products by Category, Ethical Value, or Partner (Seller)
- Browse Quality Goods. Products are curated by Dirty Hippies, ensuring quality and a consistent experience
- Go Mobile. Dedicated iOS and Android apps make it even easier to shop on mobile
- Support UK-based Sellers. Easy to support UK-based sellers who have ethical values and sustainability initiatives
- Shop Ethically. Have assurance that sellers and products meet their claimed ethical criteria (self-certified to begin with, independent audit programme being developed)
- Shop Confidently. A trustworthy platform built on Shopify (Trusted by Over 1,000,000 Stores, No.1 eCommerce platform for all businesses)
- Plant a Tree. Customers can choose to check out with Shop Pay and help plant trees at no extra cost
- Support Mental Health. When customers buy items in our Calm tab, Dirty Hippies makes a donation to Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) mental health charity
Ethical, sustainable, hippies, bohemian, boho, boho-chic, handmade, organic, recycled, reusable, responsibly sourced, upcycled, vegan, vintage.
Sustainable homeware, sustainable fashion, sustainable skincare, sustainable toys, sustainable education, sustainable food, sustainable gifts, sustainable accessories.
Ethical homeware, ethical fashion, ethical skincare, ethical toys, ethical education, ethical food, ethical gifts, ethical accessories.
Bohemian homeware, bohemian fashion, bohemian skincare, bohemian toys, bohemian education, bohemian food, bohemian gifts, bohemian accessories.
Boho homeware, boho fashion, boho skincare, boho toys, boho education, boho food, boho gifts, boho accessories.
Boho-chic homeware, boho-chic fashion, boho-chic skincare, boho-chic toys, boho-chic education, boho-chic food, boho-chic gifts, boho-chic accessories.
Handmade homeware, handmade fashion, handmade skincare, handmade toys, handmade education, handmade food, handmade gifts, handmade accessories.
Organic homeware, organic fashion, organic skincare, organic toys, organic education, organic food, organic gifts, organic accessories.
Recycled homeware, recycled fashion, recycled skincare, recycled toys, recycled education, recycled food, recycled gifts, recycled accessories.
Upcycled homeware, upcycled fashion, upcycled toys, upcycled education, upcycled gifts, upcycled accessories.
Reusable homeware, reusable fashion, reusable skincare, reusable toys, reusable education, reusable food, reusable gifts, reusable accessories.
Responsibly sourced homeware, responsibly sourced fashion, responsibly sourced skincare, responsibly sourced toys, responsibly sourced education, responsibly sourced food, responsibly sourced gifts, responsibly sourced accessories.
Vegan homeware, vegan fashion, vegan skincare, vegan toys, vegan education, vegan food, vegan gifts, vegan accessories.
Vintage homeware, vintage fashion, vintage toys, vintage education, vintage gifts, vintage accessories.